Ex-Manchester United Star Mikael Silvestre On ‘Warrior’ Casemiro
The Red Devils were chasing a midfielder all summer with many believing the club would get Barcelona playmaker Frenkie De Jong. They were forced to look for other options after that failed.
Mikael Silvestre spoke to BettingExpert about the transfer: “I don’t think he (Casemiro) was the first choice. It’s a late one in the window and the price is also high.
“So you have to adjust if you can’t get your number one or number two – I don’t know which number Casemiro was on the list – but for sure he was on the list.
“It’s a good signing nevertheless, even if it’s last minute, even though it’s a reaction to the market and because of Tchouameni, and maybe Camavinga, at Real Madrid.
The 30-year-old made 336 appearances for Real Madrid all in all, scoring 31 goals and making 29 assists.
“To have this player available for United and happy to come, and we know his mentality as a warrior, [he’s a] Brazil international. He’s ticking a lot of boxes for the club despite being in his 30s.
“Right now, United needs to perform. It’s great to be able to build for the future in the central role. However, having Casemiro’s experience will be very valuable once he masters English.
He finished: “With Eriksen and Bruno in the squad, I think they can complement each other with what Casemiro, Fred, and McTominay are bringing to the team. It’s still very positive in my eyes. “
Read More Manchester United Coverage:
- Gary Neville Calls For The Glazer Family To Sell Manchester United Following Brighton Defeat
- Manchester United Manager Erik Ten Hag Spoke About Striker Position After Defeat Against Brighton & Hove Albion
- Watch: Manchester United Fans Begin Glazers Out Protest Ahead Of Game Against Brighton
- Fabrizio Romano: Chelsea Ready To Go Big To Sign Manchester United Target Frenkie De Jong
- Report: Manchester United Prepared To Listen To Offers For Their Defenders Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Eric Bailly, Phil Jones, Alex Williams And Axel Tuanzebe
Follow The Utd Transfer Room: Twitter | Facebook &
The author of 5 books, 3 of which are New York Times bestsellers. I’ve been published in more than 100 newspapers and magazines and am a frequent commentator on NPR.