Report: Manchester United Set Dean Henderson Price Tag With Newcastle United Interested
According to a report, Manchester United has set a price for Dean Henderson. Newcastle United was tempted by his services.
The goalkeeper has spent the season as backup to current first choice David De Gea, only making three senior appearances for the club in 21/22, as opposed to 26 last season. Although he appeared to have won the number one spot last year, the Red Devils coaches were impressed enough to give him another chance.
The Daily Star have reported that the club see the 25 year old’s value at PS40million this summer, and they do not plan on leaving room for negotiation.
Newcastle United are rumored to still be interested in Henderson, and they reportedly made it clear that they would return in the next transfer window for him after their January interest. If Henderson were to be sold at this price, it would make him the most expensive goalkeeper in British history.
Read More Manchester United Coverage
- Watch: Manchester United 3-2 Tottenham Hotspur | Match Highlights | Premier League | Cristiano Ronaldo Hattrick Gives United the Win
- Watch: Every Cristiano Ronaldo Goal in Hattrick for Manchester United Against Tottenham Hotspur
- Watch: Cristiano Ronaldo Meets Former New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers NFL Superstar Tom Brady After Manchester United Victory Over Tottenham Hotspur
- Carragher Urges Manchester United To Move For Chelsea’s Thomas Tuchel Again
- Report: Manchester United Could Use Player In Swap Deal For Serie A Superstars In Mega Transfer
Follow United Transfer Room: Twitter | Facebook & Instagram Coming Soon |
The author of 5 books, 3 of which are New York Times bestsellers. I’ve been published in more than 100 newspapers and magazines and am a frequent commentator on NPR.